Thursday, February 3, 2011

Family, Andy Samberg, and Cartman.

I haven't posted in a while and I thought that maybe I should. This week has been fairly interesting. I've realized that I have a big issue with people not liking me or having a problem with me. And when I try to fix it, I end up making it worse. So I figure that I should just pray about it. And that'll be that.

I also came to the conclusion that I really miss my mom and my brother. Of course I had people who told me that they would be there to do mom things just like my mom would, but they haven't. So I think that's just something people say. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here, it's just the truth. So many people take what's theirs for granted and I wish more than anything that they will be able to appreciate it soon enough. Even just an older brother to play Grand Theft Auto with, or laugh with about how our sisters somehow coordinate every outfit they wear together on accident. These are the things that run through my mind when I watch movies, or see siblings out together.

On a happier note, with the snow days we've been having I've been able to use my time wisely and check out some SNL skits like this one. Oh and you can't forget about lazy Sundays. I really love these too: Part 1 and Part 2. Yep, I watched about a hundred of those these past couple days.

Courtwarming is this Saturday and guess where I'll be? Working. Yep, I was neither asked or invited so I'm chillin at the Rob for the night. I'm not a big fan of getting dressed up. I think our school should have casual dances. Or have the game and then right after that have the dance. That's what my friend's school does and they really like it. Just my thoughts on the situation. Anyway if you have no plans for the night, you should come hang out with me! Lord knows I'll need someone there that night.

Which brings me to work. I work with my older sister and I've been accused of favoring her over other servers. I mean yeah, every once in a while I'll give her an extra table but that's when we're super busy and it's not like anyone would notice. Oh, but servers count other server's tables and if anyone is ahead of them they flip. They don't even confront me about it, just the managers. So I had to have a one on one talk with my manager (who really likes me) and he basically made a joke about the whole thing. It's really frustrating when I get yelled at for not knowing how to do my job by people who have not worked as long as I have. But because they are older they think that they have more authority over me. Screw authority is what I say. This is what I see every time someone tries to tell me what to do:


I again blame my upbringing for this. When the school lost power and nobody was allowed to leave, my dad texted me say "Damn the man! Scale the walls if you have to". These are the times I feel closest to my family.

These are my thoughts. Thanks for reading. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment